Saturday, March 20, 2010

lets try blogging

Welcome all to my blog!

This would be my second attempt at blogging (the first failed miserably as i was too busy chasing after my BSc and my Msc then...harharhar... alasan! ).

Is my life that interesting that I have to share it to the whole wide world?
mmmm..... i trully dunno. but i do hope one will find something interesting with what im sharing :)

The reason i created this blog is because i want to share to all about my hobby...BAKING!!
(and may bits of pieces of my mundane life story )

gosh! i really am into baking. i remembered baking my own cake since i was like 10!
its fortunate that my mum trust me enuf then.. hehhehe

i distinctively remembered the first cake i made. I was 10 and attended a birthday party at the kampung. We Sarawakians are extremely proud of our cakes.

anyway, i remembered eating this one particular cake and fell in love with it.
the next week i told my mum i wanted the cake at the birthday party and she suggested i make it myself (ooo... trusting mama..haha)

so we browse thru my mum's ancient recipe book and found one recipe.
I start measuring and plonking everything in my mum's old Maulinex mixer , line the cake pan with paper and butter then steaming the cake for 8 hours.
YES!! we sarawakian love steamed cakes and we steam our cake for hours!

10 hours later (2 hours for cooling off) ... TTAAADDDDAAAAAA!!!!!!!! .... it was good but its not the same cake i was looking for.

Nevertheless, i've been baking on and off.... especially for the festive seasons..

well.... now that im free (yeah rite!)
im thinking of involving myself in the cake decorating field (blame CAKEBOSS on 707 !)

i wonder whether they have wilton classes here in kuching? mmmm....



No comments:

Post a Comment