Wednesday, May 19, 2010

23 cuppies for a 23rd birthday

hi all.... sorry for leaving this blog un-updated. been a bit busy and boring.

anyway, i received an order thru my dear fren dyg nina. she was ordering for her sis who is in the UK and is ordering for her dear fren here in kuching who will be celebrating her 23rd birthday (huh?... r u following me? kalo lost, baca pelan2..hehehe)
anyway, design was totally up to me. she only gave me a budget and the instruction of making a figurine with LONGGGG EYELASHESSS.... hahhahaha....
new challenge for me who had not been making figurines for quiet sometimes.

besides, ive been itching to use my new toys that i bought during my trip to KL.
this was end end product:




the lady was almost 3 inches tall while sitting. thats quiet huge for me. as i personally like smaller figurines.

anyway, it took me several trial to get the nose and cheeks to get the almost real look. the tudung part was also quiet challenging as the fondant would be brittle is its too thin and wont turn out like tudung if rolled too thick.

overall, am happy with the outcome of this cake. the birthday girl was happy and loved it. :)



1 comment: